Overwhelmingly, Christians do not wane in faithfulness to obvious heresy, but to the little lies, like erosion or a slow-drip poison. Sunday I shared with the church 10 poisonous thoughts. Each poison is followed by its gospel antidote.
- My tough situation can’t change. Jesus rose so He can absolutely change it.
- Peoples lives are okay without Christ. People need Jesus and may say “How sweet the sound”.
- My secret sin won’t hold us back. Secret sin hurts you and the church. Confess your sin and be free.
- I can do good enough in my own strength. God empowers you through prayer.
- My meeting with God isn’t top priority. Prioritize your meeting with God and watch what happens.
- Being late to worship is no big deal. God is worthy to be praised.
- I can’t afford to give the Lord. God says test me and I’ll prove you can.
- Family as my top priority honors God. Commandment #1: Have no other gods before me.
- Happy marriage happens automatically. Marriage requires grace-drive-effort.
- Transformation doesn’t require transparency. Knock and Jesus/we will open.
Which poisonous thought has seeped into your life? God helps you out of it through Jesus.
Listen to the rest of Sunday’s sermon on Acts 14.
[asermon type=”custom” style=”boxed” post=”10998″]